eHEAT Loan Program provides customers the opportunity to apply for a 0% loan from participating lenders to assist with the installation of qualified energy efficient improvements in their homes. The loans are available up to $25,000 (depending on utility) with terms up to 7 years. To qualify for the loan, the customer must own a one-to-four-family residence, obtain a Mass Save Home Energy Assessment, and install qualified energy efficiency measures recommended by a Mass Save representative.
Energy Efficiency Improvements Eligible for the HEAT Loan Program:
- Attic, Wall, and Basement Insulation
- High Efficiency Heating Systems
- High Efficiency Domestic Hot Water Systems
- Solar Hot Water Systems
- 7-Day Digital Programmable Thermostats
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified Replacement Windows
How It Works
- Customer must sign up for a Home Energy Assessment from an authorized Mass Save program vendor.
- A Mass Save representative will assess your energy efficiency improvement needs and determine what improvements are eligible for financing. The representative will provide a HEAT Loan Intake Form, Program Steps, and Minimum Standards and Requirements.
- Customer obtains pre-approval from a participating lender if you choose.
- Customer obtains written contractor price proposal(s) for the installation of the improvements.
- Customer forwards the proposal(s) for eligibility review and approval to your Mass Save HEAT Loan representative along with the HEAT Loan Intake Form.
- Once approved you will receive a HEAT Loan Authorization Form.
- Customer applies for the loan with a participating lender.
- Once customer obtains an approval from a lender the funds will be provided in the form of two party checks.
- Measures are installed and Mass Save representative conducts a post-installation inspection on the installed improvements.
- After satisfactory inspection, Customer signs check over to contractor and any additional rebates are processed.
Visit Mass Save’s participating lender list to find a lender.
Please call (866) 527-7283 to schedule a free home energy assessment in order to access this incentive.